You still have time to secure ESSER funding. Here’s how.
by Voyager Sopris Learning on August 11, 2022
It’s August and back-to-school season is upon us. Overcoming learning gaps and keeping students engaged, learning, and growing is always a focus, and in these post-pandemic days those concerns are top of mind for all educators as fall approaches.
Federal relief funds allocated to the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief fund (ESSER) and the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief fund (GEER) to address learning loss are still available, but not for much longer. If your state, district, or school hasn’t already tapped these funds, you’ll want to take advantage of this unique opportunity to invest in evidence-based, research-proven tools and solutions for learning acceleration. The uses for these funds are varied and wide reaching, and it can be easy to miss an opportunity.
Don’t Miss Out on Relief Funding
To help all educators understand what funds are available and how to use them, we’ve assembled a one-stop resource with everything you need to know to best secure federal funds, and how. On this handy website, you can download these helpful resources:
- ESSER Funding Checklist
- Ten Things You Need to Know About ESSER Funding for the Upcoming School Year
- A useful podcast, “Maximizing Equity & ESSER III Funds: Smart Decision-Making for Districts to Accelerate Learning for ALL Students”
It’s all on our comprehensive ESSER Funding and Research page.
Here’s what we cover and how it can help:
- How Much and When: Learn how much funding is available and for how long. ESSER I funds must be allocated by September 30, 2022. The remaining funds must be used by September 2023 and 2024.
- How Can Funds be Used: Explore the 21 allowable uses across the three funds, including support for in-person learning, access to technology, extended learning, enrichment programs, and more.
- Criteria for Evidence-based Interventions: Understand how to identify solutions that meet ESSER requirements as proven effective in leading to desired outcomes.
- Find Qualified Programs: Get details about Voyager Sopris Learning® solutions that address the learning gaps your students are facing.
Initial data from assessments confirms there has been learning loss among students. Federal funds are available to ensure every student facing a learning gap gets the right tool, implemented by the right educator, at the right time.
To secure funding, the right time is NOW!