Authors: Jeffrey Sprague, Ph.D., Annemieke Golly
A Fully Integrated Behavior Management System
Best Behavior responds to the urgent need for proven strategies that can assist schools in implementing and maintaining Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to employ a collaborative approach to establishing a positive school climate. Best Behavior has been attractive to educators because it is both simple and comprehensive, and this new edition continues that tradition. The revised edition adds a range of new examples and strategies for implementing PBIS procedures that were not included in the original book.
Best Behavior is:
- Adaptable. The program can be tailored to fit all schools
- Sustainable. The comprehensive staff development system ensures that the program will remain effective and hassle-free
- Compatible. Best Behavior can be used as a stand-alone program or as a supplement to an existing system
Based on more than 30 years of research, Best Behavior provides effective school behavior strategies designed to reduce classroom behavior problems and to create and sustain safe, positive learning environments for all students.
The following material is included in this new edition:
- Companion and supplemental materials providing advanced examples and detailed scripts for implementing key aspects of the Best Behavior approach
- Checklists to guide program implementation
- New materials for involving parents and guardians
- An all-new chapter which includes harassment, bullying, and cyber bullying resources
- A case study of one school’s experience using the Best Behavior system