High-Quality Training Options Ensure Fidelity
RAVE-O In-Person Training
- Initial Training—Interactive, practice-driven professional development designed to help teachers successfully begin implementing RAVE-O
- Training of Trainers (TOT)—Designed to support districts in their efforts to build internal capacity to train and support teachers using RAVE-O
- Ongoing Support and Coaching—Includes lesson modeling, on-site coaching, student data analysis, development of action plans, and customized webinars
RAVE-O Online Training
RAVE-O: Proven Literacy Intervention training is now available in a self-paced online learning environment. Accessed through the VPORT® data-management system, the online course is an alternative to face-to-face training. Estimated to take 9–12 hours, the RAVE-O online course allows easy 24/7 access to all course material. Access to the online course is available for one year from date of purchase.
Course features include:
- A video host to guide you through each section
- Tools to search, highlight, and annotate as you navigate the course
- Embedded video segments modeling lessons and explaining how to use all components
- Check Your Understanding quizzes that provide feedback and document participation
A certificate is available upon course completion and can be applied toward continuing education credit.
Click Here for registration information.
Center for Reading and Language Research
at Tufts University
The Center for Reading and Language Research at Tufts University (CRLR) partners with hundreds of schools and districts to address professional development needs. CRLR is happy to provide RAVE-O workshops at your school/district at your convenience.Training is provided by members of the Center for Reading and Language Research at Tufts University. The 12-hour professional development program, distributed over two full days, prepares professionals to implement the curriculum immediately.
Attendees will learn:
- An overview of recent reading and brain research
- Methods and materials of the RAVE-O curriculum
- Instructional strategies for putting the RAVE-O curriculum into practice in classrooms and tutorial settings
- Considerations for the integration of RAVE-O and other phonological-based programs.
Testimonials from Attendees:
“This is one of the best workshops I've been to.”
“The program looks great. I am excited to implement it with my second graders.”
“I think that RAVE-O addresses the piece of fluency about which we are just learning. What I really like is that the fluency [piece] is so integral to the program.”
“[The presenter] did a wonderful job in breaking down all the terms and materials and how they are really used. [She] also gave great ideas of how to implement the materials in different scenarios.”
“I particularly liked the emphasis on research and theory.”
“Excellent workshop—very informative, practical, and relevant. I wouldn't change a thing.”